Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Machine Tool Co., Ltd. (hereinafter " we ") recognizes that all personal information managed and used in its business activities must be handled and protected with the utmost care.
Therefore, we will follow the basic policy stated below.
- We will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws, regulations and guidelines set forth by Japanese governmental authorities or other applicable governmental authorities.
- We will not acquire any personal information through false or other improper means.
- We will use personal information only to the extent and for the purposes specified, which will be announced or noticed to the persons to whom the information pertains at or before the time of collection.
- Ew will endeavor to keep such personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- We will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of such personal information.
- We will furnish its employees and contractors handling such personal information with the necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision.
- We will not provide personal information to any unaffiliated third party without the consent of the person involved, other than (i) as required by applicable law, or (ii) to our service providers for legitimate business purposes.
- If we receives an inquiry from a person about the use or content of personal information related to that person, it will provide a reasonable response.
- If we receives any complaints regarding the handling of personal information, it will resolve such complaints in a timely and appropriate manner.
- We will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of personal information and will thoroughly adhere to them.
- We will engage in a strong effort to further enhance personal information protection systems by regularly reviewing and updating all rules and procedures regarding the handling of personal information, including this policy.
Established: April 1, 2020
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Machine Tool Co., Ltd.Kenichi Wakabayashi, President
For information regarding the business purposes, the practical handling method of personal information by us, refer to the following:
1. Use of Personal Information
We will acquire and use personal information only as needed for its business performance according to our business purposes. (See the Section 6.). The business purposes of personal information are:
- To make applications for transactions between we and our customers and other parties concerned with its businesses; obtain confirmation regarding customers and other parties concerned; review and assess such transactions; execute and manage agreements; and conduct termination and other proceedings following termination of agreements with customers and contractors.
- To issue notices regarding improvement of our products and services and of associated products and services, and respond to customer inquiries regarding such products and services.
- To respond to inquiries about the products and services provided by parties having business relations with us.
- To allow our shareholders to perform their rights and to perform obligations to our shareholders in accordance with the Companies Act; facilitate the implementation of various policies to ensure efficient communications with its shareholders; create data under certain standards in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; and other measures to facilitate the mutual understanding between we and our shareholders.
- To confirm applications for and participation in various exhibitions and seminars, communicate with lecturers, and report on the results of studies and events to the persons involved, and also to provide visitors with access to our facilities.
- To make contact with the members of any organizations in which we are a member, and issue various notices from us according to the purposes of activity of such organizations.
- To send publications issued by us to persons who request them, and to distribute e-mails to the applicants for our electronic mailing service.
- To communicate and enter into joint contracts with various research institutes based on our R&D activities, to which the paragraph (1) above shall apply accordingly; participate in academic societies; make recommendations for prizes awarded by academic societies; and make and manage joint patent applications.
- To communicate with journalists and analysts in publicity activities.
- To receive applications for employment, communicate with and issue the notification of employment to the applicants, and other issues concerning recruitment activities.
- To communicate and conduct transactions with public accountants, attorneys and patent attorneys concerned with the business activities of us.
- To communicate with the officers, directors, employees or any related persons in the subsidiaries and affiliates of us in the course of performance of business activities other than those as stated above.
- To issue notices to our retired employees and to communicate with the families of our employees.
- To issue notices to supporters of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries’ amateur baseball, marathon and rugby teams regarding activities of the respective associations.
- To exchange necessary information between we and our cooperative, non-regular, temporary, part-time and student workers in execution of contracts with them and performance of their works.
- To receive personal information provided for any order-based works and to complete such works within our scope of business.
- To issue useful notices incidental to the above purposes of use from us and our group companies.
- To fulfill the reason the information was provided to us.
- To conduct business activities incidental or related to the above business purposes.
We may provide personal information to a third party with the approval of each respective individual, consign the handling of personal information, or share personal information with our group company to the extent that such personal information is required for the business purposes as stated above.
If any personal information is acquired or used for any other business purposes than those described above, a notice or announcement will be issued separately.
2. Possession of Personal Information
We does not acquire and possess any personal information that is not intended for the business purposes listed above (See [1. Use of Personal Information]).
3. Personal Information Management
We will take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the security of the personal information possessed by us and endeavor to maintain the contents of such personal information as accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary for business purposes.
Personal information which is no longer necessary for business purposes will be disposed of promptly in an appropriate method.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not provide the personal information of any person to any third party without such person's approval, except the following cases:
- the provision of the personal information will be suspended upon the individual's request and the matters stipulated for this provision in the Personal Information Protection Act are noticed or easily known to such person;
- the work of handling personal information is entrusted, in whole or in part, to any third party to the extent necessary for our business purposes.
*provided, that a confidentiality agreement shall be entered into by and between we and such entrusted company and that we will provide necessary and appropriate supervision of such entrusted company
- We will share the personal information of any specific person with one or more of its subsidiaries and/or affiliates to the extent necessary for business purposes (See 「5. Joint Use of Personal Information」).; and
- such disclosure of personal information to any third party is otherwise authorized under any applicable law or regulation.
5. Joint Use of Personal Information
We may share the personal information acquired by we with one or more of its subsidiaries and/or affiliates for the above business purposes (See [1. Use of Personal Information]), provided we shall remain responsible for the security of the same. Such personal information may include, without limitation, the names of customers and other parties concerned with we businesses and their work or home addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, genders, ages, associated organizations and departments and professional titles.
6. Contact for Personal Information
For information regarding the specific business purposes, the disclosure, correction and suspension of use of the contents of personal information (hereinafter "inquiries about personal information"), contact the respective departments of us to which such personal information was provided. (To make inquiries about personal information, it is necessary to submit a completed request form including a valid form of identification. Request forms will be sent from us on request.)
In the event the department to which the personal information was provided is unknown, or for any inquiry for general information on the process of handling personal information, contact:
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Machine Tool Co., Ltd.
130, Roku-jizo, Ritto, Shiga Prefecture, Japan
For contacts about personal information to our other locations, refer to “Location.”
- Design, manufacture, sales and consulting services associated with machine tools, cutting tools, and other related products
- Installation, technical guidance, and after-sales services related to the above products
How to Handle Personal Information on the Website
(1) Security in obtaining personal information
In obtaining the personal information of our customer from the Website, we use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and other encrypting means to protect the personal information inputted through a communications link. The SSL is a general technology used for security of communications on Webnet, which can encrypt the input data before it is transmitted to Internet and prevent the input data from being intercepted or tapped. If you use any browser that is not compatible with the SSL, you could not access to this page from the intranet of your company due to the settings of Firewall or any other software.
(2) Collection of Browsing History
The Website collects information from your device in order to improve our services and provide a better user experience. The information collected includes, for example, server access logs including system information and IP address, cookies and web beacons.
The collected information is anonymous and it is not possible for us to readily identify any specific individual or user.
You can reject cookies or get a warning when receiving a cookie by setting your browser accordingly. If you reject all cookies, you can still use the Website, but some parts might not function properly. Contact the manufacturer or provider of your browser for details on how to change the settings.
Google Analytics Terms of Service
Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on
(3) Handling of Personal Information included in inquiry made from Inquiry Page on MHI Website
If you make an inquiry from the Inquiry page on the Website of MHI, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., and the inquiry is related to us, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Machine Tool Co., Ltd., the personal information included in the inquiry will be handled by us.
We cannot have any responsibility for maintaining the security of your personal information on any other Website linked with the our Website. If you have any query or inquiry regarding the handling of personal information, make direct access to each relevant Website.