Micro milling machine μV1
Unique Optical Image Type Tool Measurement System
- To tackle the change of tool bottom position that directly affects the machining accuracy, an image of the tool obtained by a CCD camera under LED lighting is digitally processed. This enables an automatic judgment of the tool bottom position after the displacement is settled to perform tool length compensation.
Optical image type tool measuring system
Accuracy Not Possible with Conventional Compensation Processes
- Inner spindle cooling system and special jet lubrication of bearings immediately saturates the heat generated by rotational frictions. This feature leads to high stability in positioning of tool tip even after a number of repetitive spindle rotations and stoppages, whose accuracy is beyond the capability of conventional compensation method.
- Introducing our unique element technologies into measures against thermal distortion of the column, a wide variety of error factors are eliminated from the high-precision parts and precision mold machining processes for applications such as IT, optics, medical equipment, and semiconductor device.
An Excellent Balance of Precision Micro Machining and Cutting Efficiency
- To address opposing demands, "precision" and "quick delivery", µV1 exhibits high degree of versatility ranging from cutting custom-tailored ultrafine tools to high-efficiency cutting of general-purpose tools.
- Incorporating high-performance wide-range spindle and high-power high-rigidity feed axes into optimally balanced machine design, µV1 realizes high degree of applicability for a wide range of cutting conditions.
High Surface Machining Quality Sustainable Even In Long Hour Repetitive Operations
- To suppress runout and vibration in the whole rotation range, the spindle rotation balance and bearing preload are controlled in a sophisticated manner.
- An optimum structure design that allows high attenuation characteristic of each guide surface as well as high degree of heat-nullification characteristic and machine rigidity achieves optimal machining surface quality on a wide variety of materials.
Example of mold machining
The Same Cutting Precision on this 5 Axis Machine as On a 3 Axis Machine
- With a sophisticated indexing mechanism among orthogonally-crossed 3 linear axes and backlash-free 3 rotational axes, an accumulated error that increases as NC axes are added is extremely eliminated.
- For two rotational axes that show as high movement characteristic as that of motor direct drive system, excellent stability against external disturbances including excessive load fluctuation is ensured by employing a separate torque transmission mechanism.
|Table Working area||mm / in||500×400 /
|Φ100 / Φ3.9|
|Travels||X-axis||mm / in||450 / 17.7|
|Y-axis||mm / in||350 / 13.8|
|Z-axis||mm / in||300 / 11.8|
|B-axis||mm / in||-||130|
|C-axis||mm / in||-||360|
|Rapid traverse||X,Y & Z axis||mm/min. / ipm||15,000 / 590.6|
|Spindle speed||min-1||400 - 40,000|
|Spindle motor output(Max.)||min-1||7.5 / 10|
|Spindle nose taper||kW / HP||HSK-E32|
|ATC tool strage capacity||18(opt.30,36)|
|Machine weight||Kg / lb||5,500 / 12,200|
Machining surface boundary step test case
Workpiece material SUS304
Workpiece dimensions: 200 x 150 x 20 mm (width x depth x height)
Machining time: 30 hours
On the machine with optical image type tool measuring system, machining boundary step of max. ±2 µm (including surface roughness) is achieved without relying on the expertise of operator.
Even in long-hour operation, leveraging optical image type tool measuring system, it is possible to perform stable machining by cancelling various error factors.
Measurement result of machining boundary steps made by using multiple tools with different sizes
Business contact: Strategic Sales Operation Department